Stockton - Sutter - Washington Streets

 

Disclaimer! Informational page only, I do not sell, lease or manage Commercial Real Estate.

Over the last ten years, Stockton has attempted to address the issues affecting disinvestment downtown and wrestled with finding solutions. Many studies have been commissioned to analyze the market and develop strategies to revitalize downtown, and some gains have been made. Most recently the Downtown Alliance, a business improvement district scheduled to begin operation in January 1998 was established. However, with the California recession of the early 1990s and the complexity of the issues facing downtown, a workable strategy has not emerged to meet the scale of the challenge.

Nonetheless, it is clear that downtown Stockton offers much to build upon. Excellent highway access and visibility; the availability of vacant waterfront sites and large parcels to accommodate new development; and an impressive historic building stock, including the landmark Hotel Stockton, are just some of the physical assets the panel identified immediately. In addition, downtown Stockton has a concentration of government jobs, financial institutions, and public and private city leadership interested in the downtown.

The photos on this page are a collection of past and present.

Sonora Street from 00 Center Street
Click to Enlarge 38 W. Sonora - Snow Cleaners - From the 300 block of S. Center St.
Stanislaus Street
Click to Enlarge 10 N. Stanislaus - James Hotel - This sign was on the Stanislaus side of the - Ventura Hotel at 701-715 East Main Street
Click to Enlarge N. Stanislaus - Montgomery Wards, Stanislaus Entrance - Photo by Cyndy Bard Riker
Click to Enlarge 44 N. Stanislaus - McHugh Tires
Click to Enlarge 123 N. Stanislaus - Stockton Silvercrest - Stockton Silvercrest in Stockton, California is covered under Project Rental Assistance Contracts for the Section 202 Program. This housing is intended for low income, elderly persons. To qualify, you must verify that your annual income is below 50% of the Area Median Income (AMI) and that you are over the age of 62.
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge 132 N. Stanislaus - Ebenezer African Methodist Episcopal Church - Appearing on the 1917 and 1950 Sanborn map. The Ebenezer A.M.E. church was founded around 1800 by Richard Allen, a freed slave. The Stockton branch was organized ih 1810 by Father Greene. Captain Charles W. Weber, Stockton's founder, incorporated the church and granted Father Green and the Trustees a site at 221 S. Commerce Street. In the 1910s, the Grace Methodist Church, at 702 East Channel, built a new church on Pacific Avenue. Ebenezer A. M. E., in need of a new space after the City planned to redevelop their original neighborhood, purchased Grace's former building in 1955, and has been there since.
Click to Enlarge Stanislaus & Lindsay
Click to Enlarge Stanislaus & Miner
North Sutter Street
Click to Enlarge 1 N. Sutter - Stockton Collegiate International Elementary and Secondary Schools / former Portobellos restaurant in the late 70's early 80's - subsidized by State/American S &L
4 N. Sutter - Cooper's Donuts (1976)
6 N. Sutter - Pat's Classic Shoes (1976)
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge 17 N. Sutter - Philson Hotel - In 1923, a fire destroyed the Hotel Philson along this side of the original structure and also damaged some of the upper stories of the Commercial Savings Bank 
Click to Enlarge 19 N. Sutter - J.C. Penny Company - In the mid 20's
Click to Enlarge 21 N. Sutter - Aliskey theatre - Opened on June 10, 1907 (former Empire and Unique, became the Forrest and in 1909, the Garrick) - Replaced by The Commercial & Savings Bank building in 1915.
24 N. Sutter - American Trust - 1937 - Demolished - Now a vacant Lot
26 N. Sutter-  Idle Hour Theatre - in 1914 The Empire. The Empire was razed in 1919 for a dress shop, loan institution and finally a parking lot
Click to Enlarge 25 N. Sutter - Wilmont Jewelers
27 N. Sutter - Tiny's Waffle Shop (1959)
33 N. Sutter - Felix's Fine Foods (1968)
37 N. Sutter Inamasu Jewelers
43. N. Sutter - Grey's Men's Clothing
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge 31 N. Sutter - Raggio Building (1928-1957) - Attached to Court Building
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge

42 N. Sutter St - Elks Building - 36-48 North Sutter Street - Built in 1908 the (1900-24) Chicago style by Architects Salfield & Kohlberg, a five-story structure which featured a massive stained glass skylight dome originally proposed for the Elks Hall in San Francisco, however after the earthquake of 1906 was switched to Stockton.. The Elks Benevolent Protective Order held their meetings until 1976 upon the top floor. The dome was later taken away and sold. (Now installed in The Hard Rock Cafe in Sand Diego) In 1980 The upper floors received fire damage, however the lobby still features the original Elks motif mosaic floor The structure is #80004606 on the National Historic Places.  The building has had various occupants since it was constructed. Stockton's first pharmacy, the Holden Drug Company, occupied the ground floor from 1908 through 1927. In 1930, Stockton City Directories listed Burnham Furniture, an insurance company, an attorney, an architect, and a physician as tenants In the Elks Building. Other businesses located here have included the R.E. Doan Company, United Paint Company and the Economy Shoe Store.
Click to Enlarge 38 N. Sutter St - King of Cuts
40 N. Sutter - Downtown Cafe / Former Cafe Luna Spaghetteria
43 - Damons Imports, Indian Gift Shop
N Sutter St - Weber Avenue Intersects
Click here for Weber Avenue
Click to Enlarge Sutter Street looking north from Weber - Nicola McLachlin
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge RTD
Former 110 N. Sutter - Dickerson's Religious Goods (1976)
Former 112 N. Sutter - Sutter hearing Aid Center
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge 115 N. Sutter at Weber - Sutter Building / Former Stockton College of Commerce (J.R. Humphreys) - The building still stands today with ugly aluminum siding and is called The Metro.
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge

124-130 N. Sutter - Lyric Theatre - 124 N Sutter. it later became the National, Studio, Roxy. Torn down to build the United California Bank / First Western Bank - Then demolished for the RTD Center. Right Photo by Floyd Perry Jr.

Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Sutter and Weber Looking South West
125 N. Sutter - Costanza's Cafe 1950)
N Sutter St - Channel Street Intersects
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge 208 N. Sutter - Ambassador Hotel / Royal Eight Inn Motel (1976 - 1967) - right photo, Ron Chapman - 1974, Midtown Parking (1957), Rishwain Auto Park (1950), L.E. Happel Drugs (1943), 1937 Signal Gas Station
219 N. Sutter - San Joaquin First Federal Parking Lot (1976)
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge

218-222 N. Sutter St. - S. T. Johnson Company Oil Burners - Also known as Torino's Bar and Restaurant - Appearing on the 1950 Sanborn map, but not the 1917 map. Stockton City Directories first list this building in 1930, when it was occupied by S. T. Johnson Co. Oil Burners. By 1935, F. W. Glick Auto Repair had taken over the space. In 1940, City Directories listed Fritz Brow's restaurant, and Leon Happel Drugs as occupants of the building. The drug store remained through at least 1950. By 1945, Ruth Cunningham Corsetiere was located here. In 1950, Pump Room Liquors replaced the former restaurant. The building has since been converted into a single tenant space for a restaurant and bar. Flamingo Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge (1976) - Pump Room, (1967-1950), Fritz Brau Restaurant (1943-1937)

Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge 232 N. Sutter St. - Sutter Building - Sutter Hearing Services - Appearing on the 1917. The lot associated with this building was occupied by the Miner Slough, which Sutter Street crossed via a wooden bridge. By 1924, the property owner was Hudson & Smith, who applied tor a building permit to install an electric sign, suggesting that the building was open for occupancy. By 1927, Edward Lowe Motors Co. and the Standard Auto Service Corporation were the tenants of 230 N. Sutter. This early automobile service function of the building indicates why the northeast comer of the building was designed to accommodate automobile storage. The 1930 City Directory indicates that the tenants of the Sutter Building was the National Cash Register Company and Thompson-Hoff Insurance Agency. National Cash Register remained through at least 1950. By 1940, several insurance brokers, and the National Auto Club were located here as well, and stayed through 1950. The building has been used as offices since its construction. 228 - Brower's Coin Shop (1976)
234, 236, 238 N. Sutter, the ground floor retail space of the Medici Dental Building 236 Beltone Hearing Service (1976), 240 - Medico Dental Drug
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge

242 N. Sutter St - Medico-Dental Building - Designed and built over a three year period by famous Stockton architects Howard Bissell, AIA, and Frank V. Mayo, FAIA. 1n 1927, The structure is an excellent example of a commercial Gothic Style skyscraper. The steel-framed building features a terraced façade most typical of eastern urban designs. The exterior finish is “Coat of Joseph” face brick, trimmed in sandstone colored terra cotta which came from Lincoln, California. Decorative detail of the terra cotta above the entrance to the building. Frank Mayo, a native of Sacramento, was the designer of other Stockton buildings such as the Bank of Stockton, the State Savings and Loan building, and several private residences. Mr. Mayo is listed in Who's Who as a leader of the American Institute of Architects for organizing chapters In Northern California and Nevada. Construction for the Medico-Dental Building was begun in 1926 for an estimated cost of $650,000, and the building was open for occupancy about May of 1927. The builder was Steel Palm Iron & Bridge Works/Fredrickson Bros. of Stockton Bricks. Stockton's Medico-Dental Building a gothic gem

Click to Enlarge 242 N. Sutter St - Cornelia Hotel - Demolished to build the medico Dental building
238 N. Sutter - H.M. Packard, Thompson-Hoff Insurance Agency Inc., National Cash Register Company, Service Garage - Holt-Atherton Special Collections, University of the Pacific Library
N Sutter St - Miner Avenue Intersects
Click for Miner Avenue
Click to Enlarge 335 N. Sutter St. - M.A.C. Investment Company Building
Click to Enlarge 347 N. Sutter St - Former California Water Service / Delta Title Company
440 N. Sutter - B&M Realty - Demolished - Now a vacant lot.
442 N. Sutter - Parkside Apartments - Now a vacant lot
Click to Enlarge 520 N. Sutter - Graylings Automotive
529 N. Sutter - Lim's Video
529 N. Sutter - Julie's Styles
541 N. Sutter - S.P. Market
South Sutter Street
Click for Main Street
Click to Enlarge 21 S. Sutter. Former Hippodrome - Vaudeville - The marquee leaves little doubt that vaudeville was playing at the Hippodrome, one of the 10 names for the theatre at 21 N. Sutter that opened in 1904 as The Unique. The "Hip" also played stock musicals, including the popular Roy "Hiram" Clare. Recalling a previous theatre name, the barbershop at the left is named the Garrick
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge 26 S. Sutter - Former Gold Rush Restaurant (1950) / Former Hotel Arlington Cafeteria (1913-1925?)
Click to Enlarge 24-32 S. Sutter - Former Hotel Arlington (1925) - Looking North from Market Street - 20s - Kevin Shawver
Click to Enlarge 24 South Sutter Rialto Theatre - On the right - Originally at 24 S. Sutter, then 210-220 East Main Street - The Rialto Theatre dates back to at least 1922 when a Robert-Morton organ was installed. It was renovated in 1949, to the plans of architect William Glenn Balch. The Rialto Theatre was demolished January 1950 to make room for a department store addition and latter the Jury assembly room
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge 29-31 S. Sutter St. - Parking lot / Former Mail Building - 1920s - After the Mail ceased publication, the Stockton Independent was published in this building during the 20s. In later years the ground floor became Ziegler's Billiard Parlor. the upper two stories were removed in the 50s. the remainder of the building was torn down in the 70s for a parking lot.
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge 32 S. Sutter St. - 24-32 S. Sutter - Former Hotel Arlington  / Later it became The Hotel Sherman - about a year before its demolition in 1987. Photos courtesy of Floyd Perry Jr. - Now American Savings building
42 S. Sutter. Former The Tavern - Demolished to build the American Savings building
S Sutter St - Market Street Intersects
Click for Market Street
Click to Enlarge 111 S. Sutter St. in The Masonic Building. Mexican Heritage Center. An exhibition gallery where visitors can enjoy the Mexican culture through dance, art, and music. The Mexican Heritage Center proudly showcases local artists' work and hosts many events like the Día de los Muertos and Las Posadas which invite the community to learn about Mexican traditions. The Center also offers traditional Mexican art like pottery, and figurines and jewelry that visitors can purchase. Hours are Tuesday-Saturday from 12:00pm-6:00pm.
114 S. Sutter - Former Clark Hotel - Built in 1911 - it was later converted to inexpensive living quarters for senior citizens. The Clark burned beyond repair in 1984 and was demolished. Today a parking garage.
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge

114 S. Sutter - Hotel Clark

Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge

121 S. Sutter St - Henery Apartments  - A French Second Empire style brick and terra cotta building featuring a Mansard roof, arched windows, decorative surrounds, cornices with medallions, and decorative brackets. Designed by Glen Allen, whose firm is also known for Goold and John's Tudor Flats (1924) at 938-944 North Sutter Street, Stockton Memorial Civic Auditorium (1924), First Church of Christ Scientist (1928), and the Jewish Community Center (1928). The building was added to the city register by resolution number 86-0294 on May 19, 1986.The only building in the elaborate French second Empire style in Stockton, and is one of the more dominant facades in the city. The Henery Apartments was built by the Clark and Henery Construction Company, a prominent local firm at the time. Clark and Henery built many buildings in Stockton, including the Clark Hotel and garage, across the street from the Henery. The building is one of the larger apartment buildings in downtown Stockton, and certainly one of the most elegant. The Henery had approximately 30 separate tenants throughout the 1910s and '20s. By the 1970s, the Henery was used for low-rent senior citizen housing, and has been vacant for several years. There appears to be construction going on on the inside. In 1935 Glenn Allen was listed as a resident

Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge 146 S. Sutter St & 417 E. Washington - Gan Chy Chinese Restaurant / Former Greyhound Interstate Restaurant (1950)
Click to Enlarge Sutter looking North from Washington - Starting clockwise from the bottom left:
121 S. Sutter St - Henery Apartments
111 S. Sutter St. - The Masonic Building.
29-31 S. Sutter St. - Mail Building
343 E. Main St - Commercial & Savings Bank
403 E. Main - Kut Price Drug Store
114 S. Sutter - Former Clark Hotel
200 Block S. Sutter St is now the Crosstown Freeway
S Sutter St - Lafayette Street Intersects
301 S. Sutter St - Former Ernest Pollrick Restaurant (1940) - Demolished - a vacant lot
306 S. Sutter St. - Fernandez Norwalk Service - 1958
Click to Enlarge 315 S. Sutter St. - Louis Apartments / Gardella Apartments (1940)
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge 333 S. Sutter St. - On Lock Sam - Chinese. In operation for more than 100 years, this esteemed restaurant has obviously mastered the secret to success. Of course, it's a simple recipe: plenty of good food, stylish surroundings, and an accommodating staff. Still, there's that intangible ingredient that renders them so popular. While you muse over it, loosen your belt and tuck into spicy prawns, pressed peanut duck, black bean sauce spareribs, and Szechwan pressed pork. Set dinners are also available, along with plenty of noodle, vegetable, and rice dishes. Lunch specials are a great deal too
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge 1248 Sutter & Clay - NE Corner - Scovill's Ice Cream (Wilsie Scoval)
Click to Enlarge 1601 S. Sutter Marks Grocery (1967)
Union Street
Click to Enlarge 22 N. Union Street - ILWU Local 54 Longshoremen Union Hall
243 N. - Loomis Armored Car Service
307 N. - Mazerra's Produce Company
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge 400 N. Union - Constitution Park
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge

425 N. Union - Former Union Ice Company - Burned to the ground September 6, 2013
520 N. Union - Center State Pipe & Supply
535 N. Union - Ferrero Electric
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge
640 N. Union, corner of Oak - Foremost Foods (1957) / Golden State Dairy Products Co (1941)
646 N. Union - Letter Graphics of California
706 N. Union - Fernandez Building Materials
721 N. Union - Craig & Hamilton Meat Co. / Former Fireproof Storage and Transfer Company (1935)
Click to Enlarge 808 N. Union - Stockton Service Station Equipment
Click to Enlarge 820 N. Union - Stockton Engine
826 N. Union - Sign Systems Inc.
Click to Enlarge 850 N. Union - Harbor Signs
1000 N. Union - E.F. Mitchler Building Materials
1040 N. Union - Courtesy Ambulance Service
Click to Enlarge 1111 N. Union - Mid Cal Body / Former Allied Farm Equipment Inc.
1120 N. Union - Channel Air Conditioning
1128 N. Union - Modern Engineering & Construction
1146 N. Union - West Stockton Automotive
1152 N. Union - Appliance Parts & Equipment Distributor
1207 N. Union - Stockton Sign
1215 N. Union - Casco Inc.
Click to Enlarge 1220 N. Union - Stockton Typewriter
Click to Enlarge 1225 N. Union - Albert Paper Co.
1235 N. Union - Recycle Center
Click to Enlarge 1258 N. Union - Environmental Mechanical Services - Pamco Aire
Union Street  - Harding Way Intersects
Click here for Harding Way
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge
306 S. Union St - Cavor Hotel - The building stands today
East Washington Street from 00 Center Street
Click for Center Street
Click to Enlarge Looking East at Washington Street and the Crosstown Freeway from Center Street
E. Washington St - El Dorado Street Intersects
Click for El Dorado Street
Click to Enlarge Franco Center - El Dorado and Washington Streets - The actual address is 144 Mon Qwok Lane  - Originally  the location of  On Lock Sam which was demolished in the "West End Redevelopment" - At first it was supposed to be the new China Town, but it is now the Franco Center, Section 8 apartments for senior citizens.
115 1/2 East Washington Street - Hotel Roosevelt - Demolished
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge 125 E. Washington - On Lock Sam Chinese Restaurant - The original On Lock Sam was located at 125 East Washington Street between Hunter and El Dorado. It was started by an unknown person in 1898. Wong Sai Chun and two partners bought the existing business in 1920. Wong Sai Chun was from the K Wangtung Province of China. He chose Stockton, the "third city. " over the other cities in Central California, like San Francisco and Sacramento, for its overall size and probably because of the large and prosperous Chinese community he found here. On Lock Sam Company and Lee Yuen & Company were the two surviving historic businesses that originated on this block of Washington Street. The old restaurant was tom down in 1964 as part of the move to the new building at 333 South Sutter Street
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge 108 E. Washington St - Canton Low - Demolished - Photos by Janice Louie Koster
Click to Enlarge 148 E. Washington - Stockton Market - 1950s - Photo by Ron Chapman
Click to Enlarge Washington looking east from Center Street
E. Washington St - Hunter Street Intersects
Click to Enlarge 203 E. Washington St - St. Mary's Church Parrish - This building was constructed ih 1905 as a retreat, study and place for meditation for the priest of the Saint Mary's Roman Catholic Church located next door. The 1917 Sanborn map shows a second parish located on the site. In 1950 the building was replaced with a one-story garage.
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge

203 E. Washington St - St Mary's Church - California’s First Archbishop, Joseph S. Alemany, laid the cornerstone July 21, 1861. The first mass was celebrated Christmas Eve of the same year. In 1870 the transept was added. The present steeple and ornate façade date from 1893. Saint Mary’s is the oldest catholic parish in the San Joaquin Valley. The adjacent building was constructed in 1905 as a retreat, study and place for meditation for the priest of the Saint Mary's Roman Catholic Church located next door. The 1917 Sanborn map shows a second parish located on the site. In 1950 the building was replaced with a one-story garage.

Click to Enlarge 129 S. Hunter St - St Francis House
Click to Enlarge 300 Block E. Washington St. - County Welfare Building
330 - Valley Auto Parking - Demolished for County Welfare Building
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge
  Agricultural Pavilion - Washington Square - Work started on the wood and glass agricultural pavilion in 1887 and was subsequently completed the following year. The building occupied a complete square block bounded by Lafayette, Hunter, San Joaquin and Washington, also called Washington Square. The construction cost was a grand $50,000. In the early morning of September 29, 1902, only twisted metal and rubble from a fire remained which destroyed the entire 39,000 sq. ft. pavilion and took the life of fireman Tom Walsh.
E. Washington St - Sutter Street Intersects
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge 417 E. Washington St - Former Pacific Greyhound Bus Depot The building appears on the 1950 Sanborn map and is noted as the Pacific Greyhound Lines. Constructed in the 1930s, this building was originally the Greyhound Bus Depot. and played a major role in the transportation of the area. It remained as a bus station until 1969 when a new depot was constructed down the street. The building is currently occupied by a Chinese restaurant, and has been slightly altered from its original state, but still maintains much of its historic integrity
Click to Enlarge 417 East Washington - Pacific Greyhound Bus Depot - Gan Chy Restaurant - The building appears on the 1950 Sanborn map and is noted as the Pacific Greyhound Lines. Constructed in the 1930s, this building was originally the Greyhound Bus Depot. and played a major role in the transportation of the area. It remained as a bus station until 1969 when a new depot was constructed down the street. The building is currently occupied by a Chinese restaurant, and has been slightly altered from its original state, but still maintains much of its historic integrity.
Click to Enlarge 433-437 East Washington - Temple Ministries - Built in 1908 - Stockton City Directories list residential tenants in this building, known as the Alpine Apartments, by 1919 and through 1950, but show no record of which businesses occupied the ground floor spaces. The building has since been converted into a facility for the Victory Temple Ministries. It remains a good example of early 20th century local utilitarian commercial design and retains its original storefront detailing.
Click to Enlarge Washington and 141 South California Street - Yale Apartments - This building is listed at the Yale Apartments starting in the 1912 Stockton City Directory. Ground floor businesses present by 1930 Include Tassano Antonia Gents Furniture, Barber Stables, Mike West Tailor, the Home Wiring Company and a grocery. By 1935, the furniture store was replaced by a physician's office, and the wiring company by a restaurant. Wong. Ankai Herbs, a Chinese herbalist, also had a shop here. By 1940, ground floor businesses included. the physician, an antique shop, barber, music shop, restaurant, furniture store and an herbalist, who remained through 1950. In 1945, the Directory also listed Rex Novelty Vending Machines. By 1950, a watch repair shop replaced the clothier, and a bar replaced the cleaners'.
E. Washington St - Highway 99 Intersects
Click for Highway 99
4019 E. Washington St - Dentonini Variety - 1950
Click to Enlarge 4032 E. Washington St - Trinity Christian Church / Former Seven Day Adventist Church
Click to Enlarge 4043 E. Washington St - U.S. Market #2 / Wong Chong Huey Grocery (50)
Click to Enlarge E. Washington
E. Washington St - Sinclair Intersects
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge 150-302 N. Sinclair Avenue - Inland Valley Truss / Former Marley Company
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge E. Washington and 202 S. Sinclair
Click to Enlarge 4939 E. Washington St - at Walker Lane - Walkers Pizza - At one time it was called Okie Dokie
Click to Enlarge 4940 E. Washington St - Washington Market
Click to Enlarge 5104 East Washington St - Family Market
Click to Enlarge 5400 E. Washington St. - Eagle Marketing
West Washington Street
Click to Enlarge 36 W. Washington - Former Europa Hotel
48 W. Washington - Former Washington Drug
112 W. Washington - Former New American Hotel
116 W. Washington - Former El Rancho Grande Cafe (Arroyo's - 1950)
118 W. Washington - Former Stockton Buddhist Church Auditorium
Click to Enlarge 1605 W. Washington - Boggs Tract Church / Former Corrado Variety Store (1950)
1607 W. Washington - Former C&M Grocery
1609 W. Washington - Former Victor Novacek Groceries (1950) / Don Quick - mid 50s
1650 W. Washington - J.E. Williams Gas Station (1950)
Click to Enlarge 1701 W. Washington - Stockton Fire Department. Moved to 701 East Park in 1944, then to 1701 West Washington in 1954, then to 1818 South Fresno in 1994
Washington and 205 S. Fresno - Taqueria Chapala / Former West Side BBQ
1769 W. Washington - G.N. Bokides Liquors
2005 W. Washington - DuraFlame
Click to Enlarge 2040 W. Washington - California Farm Supply in 1955
Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge 2100 Block of W. Washington
2201 W. Washington - Port of Stockton
East Weber Avenue
Weber Avenue

See also

Suggested Books Related to Stockton

External links