Menzies-Cantrell Overland Dealer, 1920
NE Corner El Dorado and Oak

N. El Dorado St. Then & Now


Disclaimer! This is a Hobby Page. Our practice is limited to residential real estate

This page begins at the 00 Block of North El Dorado Street and runs to the very north at Morada Lane. For South El Dorado from the 00 Block South to Clayton Avenue See South El Dorado St where Google maps show it becomes McKinley.

Click any thumbnail and it becomes a slideshow where you can then scroll through the slides. Or select Auto Play or use the mouse or keyboard arrow keys to scroll through all images

North El Dorado
See Downtown Stockton
See South El Dorado St
North El Dorado - Main St. Intersects
El Dorado & Main looking East - Click to EnlargeEl Dorado and Main looking east - 1940s - Terry Gust photo
Display YouTube Movie
YouTube El Dorado St.
Main & El Dorado - Car Number 12 - after 1892 - Click to EnlargeMain & El Dorado - Car Number 12 - after 1892 
1 N. El Dorado St - Araya Ximena - Former Guarantee Savings 7 Loan - Click to Enlarge1 N. El Dorado St - Araya Ximena - Former Guarantee Savings 7 Loan 
00 N. El Dorado St - Click to Enlarge 00 N. El Dorado St - Click to Enlarge00 Block of N. El Dorado - Bank of America Building
10 N. El Dorado - Former Cassidy's Loan Office (demolished)
12 N. El Dorado - Diamond Laundry (57) /Washington Fruit Market (1931-32)
18 N. El Dorado - Abe Corren - Mens Furnishings
20 N. El Dorado - Morris Brothers Display Room (1957)
28 N. El Dorado - Washington Market (1957)
28 1/2 North El Dorado - Avalon Hotel & Hall Brother Groceries (1931) - Demolished in West End Redevelopment
30 N. El Dorado - Steve's Barber Shop (1957)
32 N. El Dorado - Cassidy Loan Company (1931)
34 N. El Dorado - Meads Bakery - (1932)
36 N. El Dorado - Yoshikawa Studios (1957)
40 N. El Dorado - New Port Laundry (1957)
44 N. El Dorado - Jack Miller - Mens Clothes
The courthouse from the 00 Block of N. El Dorado St. - Click to EnlargeThe courthouse from the 00 Block of N. El Dorado St. 
El Dorado & Weber - Click to Enlarge11 N. El Dorado - St Francis Hotel (1931) - Demolished in West End Redevelopment
17 N. El Dorado
- Fresno Lunch
21 1/2 North El Dorado
- Hayward Rooms / El Dorado Hardware (1931) - Demolished in West End Redevelopment
23 N. El Dorado - Forty Niner Inn Tavern (57) - American Fish Market 1920
25 N. El Dorado - River Boat Inn (1931-32)
25 1/2 N. El Dorado - Violet Rooms (57)
31 North El Dorado - El Dorado Meat Market - Demolished in West End Redevelopment
33 N. El Dorado - Central Poultry Company (1931)
35 N. El Dorado - Olympia Lunch (1932)
47 N. El Dorado - Standard Station (57)
El Dorado & Weber - Harbor Market - Click to EnlargeEl Dorado & Weber - Harbor Market - 1930s - Lots to look at here: El Dorado Meat Market, Hayward Rooms and the last building: St. Francis Hotel 
El Dorado & Weber - 1880s - Click to EnlargeEl Dorado & Weber - 1880s 
North El Dorado - Weber Avenue Intersects
110 N. El Dorado & Weber - Click to Enlarge French 25 Restaurant - 110 N. El Dorado Street - Click to Enlarge French 25 Restaurant - 110 N. El Dorado Street - Click to Enlarge French 25 Sign - 110 N. El Dorado Street - Click to Enlarge French 25 Sign - 110 N. El Dorado Street - Click to Enlarge 110 N. El Dorado St - French 25 Restaurant / Former Paragary's Bar & Grill 
101 N. El Dorado Street - Civic Center Parking (1957) - Click to Enlarge101 N. El Dorado St - Civic Center Parking (1957)
120 N. El Dorado St - Lucas Taylors (1957)
120 N. El Dorado St - Vacant (1957)
130 N. El Dorado St - Goodyear Service Stores (1957)
141 N. El Dorado St - Traverso Brothers Gas Station (57) 
134 N. El Dorado - Atwood Printing - Click to Enlarge 134 N. El Dorado - Atwood Printing - Click to Enlarge 134 N. El Dorado - Masonic Lodge Hall - Click to Enlarge134 N. El Dorado - Masonic Temple. The First permanent Masonic Lodge Hall was begun in 1883, and completed on May 23,1884, at a cost of $98,000.00. The opening included an authorís carnival and art loan exhibition. The third floor housed two lodge rooms, commandery hall, armory and livery, as well as a banquet hall and lavatory. The attic held the kitchen. The second floor housed the Masonic Music hall of 66 x 88 feet and 14 meeting rooms. The first floor contained four stores and two offices, plus the Post Office.  The Masonic building was destroyed by fire in the early 1900′s and at itís original location. Atwood Printing location in 1920s.  

 

141 N. El Dorado - Traverso Brothers Gas Station (1959) - Click to Enlarge141 N. El Dorado - Traverso Brothers Gas Station (1959)and 130 N. El Dorado - Goodyear Tire across the street 
North El Dorado- Channel Street Intersects
200 Block of North El Dorado Street showing part of City Centre Cinemas at the left, the side of the B&M Building at 25 Bridge Place in the center and part of the Hotel Stockton ar the right - Click to Enlarge200 Block of North El Dorado Street showing part of City Centre Cinemas at the left, the side of the B&M Building at 25 Bridge Place in the center and part of the Hotel Stockton ar the right  
201 N. El Dorado - Waterfront Inn Tavern fire - Click to Enlarge201 N. El Dorado - Waterfront Inn Tavern fire
(1962 Covello Photo)- Demolished
201 N. El Dorado - Harry Boaz Brake Repair (1957) 
215 N. El Dorado - Traveler's Cafe (1931)- Demolished
216 N. El Dorado - Davy Jones Auto Sales (1957)
218 N. El Dorado - Pee Wee Restaurant (1931) - Demolished
Miner & El Dorado - Click to Enlarge221-223 N. El Dorado - National Tire Stores / Coleman's Brake Service (1931) 
City Centre 222 N. El Dorado - Click to Enlarge City Centre 222 N. El Dorado - Click to Enlarge 222 N. El Dorado St - City Centre Cinemas / former State Savings / Archer Auto Tops (1931) 
222 N. El Dorado St - Coldstone Creamery - Click to Enlarge 222 N. El Dorado St - Fresh Sub Pizza - Click to Enlarge 222 N. El Dorado St - Fresh Sub Pizza - Click to Enlarge 222 N. El Dorado St - Korean BBQ - Click to Enlarge 222 N. El Dorado Street - Misaki Sushi & Bar - Click to Enlarge 222 N. El Dorado Street - Misaki Sushi & Bar 222 N. El Dorado St. #C - Starbucks - Click to Enlarge 222 N. El Dorado Street - Moo Moos - Click to Enlarge
222 N. El Dorado St - Moo Moo's - Did you know Moo Moo's is local and not a chain or franchise. Two brothers conceived the concept and design and opened the first restaurant in downtown Lodi, on February 17, 2003. The restaurant was well received and proved to be a success. Thanks to their customers and employees, they opened the second restaurant in downtown Stockton, on April 17, 2004. Except for few improvements, the concept and design remained the same. Sacramento's UPN 31, featured the restaurant on its Good Morning Sacramento show - ..."The Best Burger in the Valley." And the rest is Mooo. The third location in Spanos Park West followed and there are plans for more locations.
225 N. El Dorado - Lucky Auto Supply - Demolished
228 N. El Dorado - Maxwell Motor Supply (1931) - Demolished
234-238 N. El Dorado - Internal Revenue Service (1957)
240 N. El Dorado - Amblers Club (1957-59) - Demolished
244 N. El Dorado - Checcini & Malpasso Real Estate (1957)
245 N. El Dorado - Gold Medal Cafe (57) / Yolland Ice & Fuel (1931) - Demolished
248 N. El Dorado St - Click to Enlarge 248 N. El Dorado St - Click to Enlarge248 N. El Dorado at Miner - Miner Inn (59) - Left photo is 1950s

257 N. El Dorado St - Click to Enlarge 257 N. El Dorado - Henry Southwith Home, 1891, Covert V. Martin photo
North El Dorado - Miner Avenue Intersects
301 N. El Dorado - Blacks market / Greenspot Food Store (1957) Reo Motorcar Company - Demolished - Click to Enlarge301 N. El Dorado - Blacks market / Greenspot Food Store (1957) Reo Motorcar Company - Demolished - Now part of Wells Fargo Bank Location
303 N. El Dorado - Wells Fargo Bank - Click to Enlarge 303 N. El Dorado - Wells Fargo Bank - Click to Enlarge303 N. El Dorado St. - Wells Fargo Bank
309 N. El Dorado - Anderson Sign Service (1957) / A.M. Hammond Autos (1931) - Demolished
311 N. El Dorado - Vacant (1957)
311 N. El Dorado Spot Coffee Shop (57) Now part of Wells Fargo Bank Location / Green Frog Market with a 33 E. Miner Address
316 N. El Dorado St. St. John's Church - Click to Enlarge 316 N. El Dorado St. St. John's Church - Click to Enlarge 316 N. El Dorado St. St. John's Church - Click to Enlarge 306 N. El Dorado Street  St Johns Episcopal Church and Guild Hall - The guild hall of this church is an outstanding example of Nordic architecture: it was started in  1889 at a cost of $9,200. The adjacent church was erected for $10,000 and the first service was held December 18, 1892. Saint Johnís and all older churches in the city received land from Stocktonís founder, Captain Charles M. Weber. 7. Completed in 1893, the building was designed by well-known California architect Ernest Coxhead who designed many churches throughout the state. The Guild Hall has exceptional architectural detailing typical of Coxhead's work, such as a mixture of materials, asymmetrical facades and an understated front entry. The Guild Hall was constructed prior to the adjacent church building. Coxhead may have had a hand in designing the Church building as well.
312 North El Dorado Street - Click to Enlarge 312-32 North El Dorado Street - Click to Enlarge 316 North El Dorado - Click to Enlarge

312-332 N. El Dorado St. John H. Eagle Storage (1957)- CM Menzies Chevrolet  / Mallet & Tucker  Demolished - Left Photo Courtesy of Ron Chapman

317-35 North El Dorado - Althouse Eagle Ford - Click to Enlarge 317-35 North El Dorado - Althouse Eagle Ford - Click to Enlarge 317-335 N. El Dorado - John H Eagle (1957) / Althouse Eagle Ford - Demolished - Now a parking lot for Wells Fargo Bank

338 N. El Dorado - Hodgins Motors (1959) / Chancelor & Lyon Auto Parts (1957)
342 N. El Dorado - Former Downing Pant Company (1957-59) / Former Packard Sales Company342 N. El Dorado - Downing Pant Company (1957-59) / Former Packard Sales Company 
345 N. El Dorado - Click to Enlarge 345 N. El Dorado - Click to Enlarge 345 N. El Dorado - City of Stockton Permits / Former Title Insurance & Trust (1976) / California Pacific Title (1959) / Pollard Lunch (1931 - Click to Enlarge345 N. El Dorado - City of Stockton Permits / Former Title Insurance & Trust (1976) / California Pacific Title (1959) / Pollard Lunch (1931)
347 N. El Dorado - George Vaughn Motors (1957)
North El Dorado - Lindsey Street Intersects
400 N. El Dorado St - Click to Enlarge 408 N. El Dorado - Former Firestone - Click to Enlarge 408 N. El Dorado - Former Firestone - Click to Enlarge 408 N. El Dorado - Former Firestone - Click to Enlarge

400-408 N. El Dorado - Firestone Store (57)/ In 1930 it was the Patterson A H Company Oakland and Pontiac Motor Cars. By 1957 it was a Firestone Store / Carter Tire Company (1931)
422 N El Dorado St. - United Crusade (1957)

425 N El Dorado St.- City Hall. It houses the offices of the Mayor, the City Manager, the Council chambers, and the city administrative offices, the stone and marble Grecian-Iconic style building was first occupied in 1926. The lobby in the building offers a coffered ceiling along with decorative bronze electroliers. The structure was added by resolution No. 39,656 to the city historic register, March 14, 1983. - City Hall is a classical revival style building built in the spirit of the City Beautiful movement. The building represents a fine example of 1920s construction technique and design. It was designed by a collaboration of local and San Francisco architects including Davis Holler Pearce, Peter Sa/a, Losekinn and Clowdsley, and John Clowdsley. Important to the building are the surrounding grounds, cut-stone paving blocks, and a tall wooden flag pole.
425 N El Dorado Street - City Hall - Click to Enlarge 425 N El Dorado Street - City Hall - Click to Enlarge 425 N El Dorado Street - City Hall - Click to Enlarge 425 N El Dorado Street - City Hall. 1940s - Click to Enlarge
425 N El Dorado Street - City Hall - Click to Enlarge 425 N El Dorado Street - City Hall - Click to Enlarge 425 N El Dorado Street - City Hall - Click to Enlarge 425 N El Dorado Street - City Hall - Click to Enlarge
El Dorado and Fremont, City Hall, McLeod Lake and the Civic Auditorium, 1929
430 N. El Dorado St. - Dolf Gomas Trucks (1957)
440 N. El Dorado St. Former Financial Center Credit Union / Black Cat Lunch Room (1931) - Click to Enlarge 440 N. El Dorado St. Former Financial Center Credit Union / Black Cat Lunch Room (1931) - Click to Enlarge440 N. El Dorado St. - Former Financial Center Credit Union / Black Cat Lunch Room (1931) 
Eldorado & Fremont - Cobblestone Street - Click to EnlargeEl Dorado and Fremont Cobblestone Street
North El Dorado - Fremont Street Intersects
502 N. El Dorado - Service Station - (1931)
502-520 N. El Dorado St - Brower Motor Car Company (1957 - Click to Enlarge502-520 N. El Dorado - Brower Motor Car Company (1957)
520 N. El Dorado - Former Security Pacific National Bank
530 N. El Dorado - State Farm Insurance (1957)
532 N. El Dorado - Wigley & Gallagher Used Cars (1957) /Stockton Auto Loan - (1931) - Demolished
538-550 N. El Dorado - Thomas M. Lucas Autos - Demolished
540 N. El Dorado St - Bank of The West - Click to Enlarge 540 N. El Dorado St - Bank of The West - Click to Enlarge540 N. El Dorado St - Bank of The West 
542 N. El Dorado - Van Fleet & Durkee Associated Oil - (1931) - Demolished
545 N. El Dorado - E.R. Dunne Service Station - (1931)
550 N. El Dorado - Van Fleet & Durkee Gas Station (1931)
North El Dorado- St - Oak St Intersects
Menzies-Cantrell Overland Dealer Fire, 600 N. El Dorado St. 1920 - Click to Enlarge Former Safeway 600 North El Dorado St - Click to Enlarge Former Safeway 600 North El Dorado St - Click to Enlarge Former Safeway 600 North El Dorado St - Click to Enlarge600 N. El Dorado St. Crossroads Auto Supply / Dick Peterson Boat Builders (57) / Safeway - 1940-1950 / A.H. Patterson Autos (1931-32) / Hansel & Ortman (1925) - 604 N. El Dorado - E.A. Test Truck Department, Menzies-Cantrell Overland Dealer , 1920
San Joaquin and  Lindsay St. - Click to Enlarge El Dorado & Oak - Click to EnlargeLeft photo courtesy of Ron Chapman. looking across Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. plaza to the future site of the Cesar Chavez Library on Oak St. The house in the center was built for Henry H. Hewlett, president of the First National Bank of Stockton, and treasurer of the California Navigation and Improvement Co.

Right photo, The street in the foreground, where the Stockton Archive lettering is, is Tuleberg Levee. Now gone and covered by MLK Plaza, it ran diagonally from Fremont and Center to Eldorado and Oak. The photographer would have been standing on Tuleberg Levee and El Dorado, pointing the camera NW across the gas station property towards Oak. The house in the background is the Hewlett house which was demolished to make way for the Chavez library.

Civic Center Park - Click to Enlarge Civic Center Park - Click to EnlargeCivic Center Park 
Martin Luther King Marker Inscription: August 2004.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. The true neighbor will risk his position, his prestige and his life for the welfare of others.
605 N. El Dorado Street - Stockton Public Library - Click to Enlarge 605 N. El Dorado Street - Stockton Public Library - Click to Enlarge 605 N. El Dorado Street - Stockton Public Library - Click to Enlarge
605 N. El Dorado Street - Stockton Public Library - Click to Enlarge
605 N. El Dorado St - Cesar Estrada Chavez Central Library. Opened August 24, 1964
640 N. El Dorado Street - Former Gabbard Lincoln-Mercury-Honda - Click to Enlarge 640 N. El Dorado Street - Former Gabbard Lincoln-Mercury-Honda - Click to Enlarge 640 N. El Dorado Street - Wild Horses Building - Click to Enlarge640 N. El Dorado St - WILD HORSES Four Wheel Drive - A one-stop source for all Off-Road and other 4X4 needs . They began operations in 1989 by parting out a few wrecked early Broncos, expanded into new replacement parts and then started designing improved parts to replace the parts that kept breaking out on the trail. Former Gabbard Lincoln - Mercury - Honda / Stockton Motors (1957) / Lloyd E. Test and Co. Dodge, Plymouth, Nash and Rio Dealership
640 N. El Dorado St - McRae Motor Company (1957)
705 North El Dorado - Emily Grohman House - Click to Enlarge 705 North El Dorado - Emily Grohman House - Photo courtesy of Ron Chapman - Click to Enlarge 705 North El Dorado - Emily Grohman House - Photo courtesy of Ron Chapman - Click to Enlarge 705 North El Dorado - Emily Grohman House - Photo courtesy of Ron Chapman - Click to Enlarge
705 North El Dorado - Emily Grohman House - Click to Enlarge705 N. El Dorado - Emily Grohman House - Built in 1909 - Demolished for a Car Wash which has never been built
Charlie' Day & Nite Lock - Click to Enlarge706 N. El Dorado St - Charlies Day & Nite
713 N. El Dorado - Kill-Pest Inc (1976-1959) / Delta Sign Company (1957) - Demolished - Click to Enlarge713 N. El Dorado - Kill-Pest Inc (1976)(1959) / Delta Sign Company (57) - Demolished - Stockton PD photo
720 N. El Dorado St - Hansel & Ortman Ghost Sign - Click to Enlarge720 N. El Dorado St - Boyces Billiards (1976) / California State Auto Association (1957) / Former Hansel & Ortman Lot / Hodgins Motors - Studebaker - Packard (1957)/ Hart Weaver Autos (1931)
725 N. El Dorado - El Dorado Bowl - Click to Enlarge 725 N. El Dorado - El Dorado Bowl - Click to Enlarge 725 N. El Dorado - former El Dorado Bowl - Click to Enlarge 725 N. El Dorado - Podesto Teen Impact Center / Former El Dorado Bowl Eldorado Bowl Fountain - Click to Enlarge

725 N. El Dorado - Podesto Teen Impact Center / Former El Dorado Bowl Eldorado Bowl Fountain - Cedar Room - 1940-1957 / Miniature Golf Course (1931)

736 N. El Dorado St. - Click to Enlarge736 N. El Dorado St - Former home of Park Arbington Buell and his wife Ada Moore Buell. Park Buell owned the P.A. Buell & Co. Planning Mills & Lumber Yard. Dark Horse & Fitness now on this site
744 N. El Dorado St -Dark Horse Sports & Fitness - Click to Enlarge 744 N. El Dorado St -Dark Horse Sports & Fitness - Click to Enlarge744 N. El Dorado St - Dark Horse Sports & Fitness / Former Boyce's Billiards 
745 N. El Dorado - Click to Enlarge745 N. El Dorado - Brown's Chevron Service (1957) / Standard Station (Representative Photo)
Flora Intersects - 800 Block
UniFirstģ 819 N. Hunter St address All demolished
804 N. El Dorado - I.W. Christian Richfield (1957) / J.D. Beckley Service Station (1931) - Demolished for laundry
820 N. El Dorado - Bear Realty (1976) Louis Schmitt & Son Real Estate (1957) / Parisian Laundry / H.W. Newton Grocery (1931)
826 N. El Dorado - Shepherd & Green Contractors - Demolished
840 N. El Dorado - Crowl & Cyr Realtors (1976)- Demolished
807 N. El Dorado - Click to Enlarge 807 N. El Dorado - Click to Enlarge 807 N. El Dorado - Click to Enlarge 807 N. El Dorado - Click to Enlarge
807 N. El Dorado - Mayfair Apartments / Former Home Apartments (1931) The Home Builder and Security Company leased apartments from 1912 to 1917 at this building at El Dorado and Flora Streets, now the Mayfair Apartments.
821 N. El Dorado St - Owen Masters Pontiac (1938) - Click to Enlarge 821 N. El Dorado St - Click to Enlarge 821 N. El Dorado - Avon Products - Farmers Insurance (1976) / Electroway (1957) / San Joaquin Motors (1941)/ Owen Masters Pontiac (1938) /E.M. Stretch Autos (1931)
824 N. El Dorado - Friden Calculating Machine (1957)
847 N. El Dorado, Former Delta Pontiac - Click to Enlarge 847 N. El Dorado, Former Delta Pontiac - Click to Enlarge 847 N. El Dorado, Former Delta Pontiac - Click to Enlarge 847 N. El Dorado, Former Delta Pontiac - Click to Enlarge

847 N. El Dorado - Former Delta Pontiac - 843/847 - Elder Motor used Cars (57)

848 N. el Dorado Gas Union 76 - 1940s - Click to Enlarge848 N. El Dorado - Mac & Bud's Union Service Station (57) (Representative Photo) / H. Joy Service Station (1931)
Poplar Intersects - 900 Block
El Dorado & Poplar - Welsh Mansion - Click to Enlarge El Dorado & Poplar - Welsh Mansion - Click to Enlarge El Dorado & Poplar - Welsh Mansion - Click to Enlarge

901 N. El Dorado at Poplar - J.M. Welsh Mansion completed in 1891 Welsh a flour mill manager and also the first president of the  Stockton Land, Loan & Building association. The lath around the trees at the curb protected trees from gnawing horses,/ In 1931, J.S. Godeau Funeral Directors Demolished in 1935 to make room for a gas station. - today a parking lot for 907 N. El Dorado. In 1950-57, John's Service gas station.

07 N. Eldorado Stop the Presses Printing Company / Former Travale Porsche - Click to Enlarge907 N. Eldorado Stop the Presses Printing Company / Former Travale Porsche location before they moved to 600 N. El Dorado
919 N. El Dorado - C.W. Copeland Chiropractor
945 North El Dorado Street - Eden Square Apartments - 1920s - Click to Enlarge 924 North El Dorado Street - Eden Square Park - Click to Enlarge924 N. El Dorado - Eden Square Park - Right photo, looking SE
925 N. El Dorado - Gay Ninety's Tavern - Click to Enlarge925 N. El Dorado - Gay Ninety's Tavern / Borba Realty (57)/ Former Marengo Realty and 929 N. El Dorado, former American Auto Association. Notice the Frank S. Boggs name on the building
Eden Square Office Building - Click to Enlarge Eden Square Office Building - Click to Enlarge 931 N. El Dorado - Eden Square Office Building
933 N. El Dorado - Eden Square Garage (57) - left photo - Kevin Shawver 
945 North El Dorado Street - Eden Square Apartments - 1920s - Click to Enlarge 945 North El Dorado Street - Eden Square Apartments - 1920s - Click to Enlarge
945 North El Dorado Street - Eden Square Fire - Click to Enlarge945 N. El Dorado St. - Eden Square Apartments. Built by Senator Frank S. Boggs who was also involved with Union Safe Bank, instrumental in the construction of the Masonic Lodge at California and Market, Boggs Tract and owned many other buildings in Stockton - Eden Square Apartments. Possibly 919 N. El Dorado to the left and 901 N. El Dorado at Poplar - J.M Welsh Mansion - Left photo - Eden Sq fire - Lisa Dorman
945 North El Dorado Street - Eden Square Cafe - Click to Enlarge945 N. El Dorado St. Eden Cafe 
Acacia Intersects - 1000 Block
20 E. Acacia - Meadows Camera Shop - Click to Enlarge20 E. Acacia - Meadows Camera Shop
30 E. Acacia - Click to Enlarge 30 E. Acacia - Click to Enlarge30 E. Acacia - Frank Woods, Grocer / Eden Square Market (1940)/ Former Piggley Wiggley
32 E. Acacia - Click to Enlarge32 Acacia - Elinor McCandless, Women's Clothes 
38 E. Acacia - Click to Enlarge38 Acacia - Eden Square Beauty Salon 
1017 North El Dorado Street at Acacia Street. Eden Motor Lodge - Click to Enlarge 1005 North El Dorado Street at Acacia Street. Eden Motor Lodge - Click to Enlarge 1005 North El Dorado Street at Acacia Street. Eden Motor Lodge - Click to Enlarge1005 North El Dorado St. at Acacia Street Former Sherrif Cunningham Home / Dr. Cross Home / Eden Motor Lodge Photo courtesy of Terry Gust. Today it's the El Dorado Inn. But it's called the El Dorado Inn today
1005 N. El Dorado St / Former Fernando's Santa Fe Cafe
1014 N. El Dorado St. - Click to Enlarge 1014 N. El Dorado St. - Click to Enlarge1014 N. El Dorado - Quality Smog Center / Former Eden Square Shell 
1020 N. El Dorado -
1021 N. El Dorado
1029 N. El Dorado - National Automobile Club
1031 N. El Dorado - Office Building
1036 N. El Dorado - Former Commercial Credit Corp. / Rexair Vacuum Sales (1957) - Click to Enlarge1036 N. El Dorado - Former Commercial Credit Corp. / Rexair Vacuum Sales (1957)
1040 N. El Dorado - Delta Collection Service
1044 N. El Dorado - Center for Employment Opportunities / Former Kroloff, Belcher & Smart - Click to Enlarge1044 N. El Dorado - Center for Employment Opportunities / Former Kroloff, Belcher & Smart 
1045 North El Dorado - Former E. Allen Test Dodge Dealer - Click to Enlarge Former E Allen Test Dodge Dealer - 1931 / Thomas M. Lucas Plymouth/DeSoto Dealership 
 - Click to Enlarge1045 N. El Dorado Street - Delmark Building (1976)/ Former E Allen Test Dodge Dealer - 1931 / Thomas M. Lucas Plymouth/DeSoto Dealership - 1949  
1045 North El Dorado - Former Packard Dealer - Click to Enlarge1045 N. El Dorado St  - Former Packard Dealership -  
1045 North El Dorado - Thomas M. Lucas Desoto Dealer - Click to Enlarge1045 N. El Dorado St - Thomas M. Lucas Plymouth/DeSoto Dealership - 1949 / C.J. Harrison Autos (1931)
Magnolia Intersects - 1100 Block
1105 N. El Dorado - Former Greater Stockton Chamber of Commerce (57) - Click to Enlarge 1105 N. El Dorado - Former Greater Stockton Chamber of Commerce (57) - Click to Enlarge1105 N. El Dorado - Former Greater Stockton Chamber of Commerce (57) 
1106 N. El Dorado - Catholic Charities / Kroloff, Brown & Belcher Attorneys (1957) - Click to Enlarge1106 N. El Dorado - Catholic Charities / Kroloff, Brown & Belcher Attorneys (1957) 
1109 N. El Dorado - Prudential Insurance (1957)
1111 N. El Dorado - Lucas Autos - Demolished
1112 N. El Dorado - El Dorado Building / Farmers Insurance (1957 - Click to Enlarge1112 N. El Dorado - El Dorado Building / Farmers Insurance (1957)

1125 N. El Dorado - El Dorado Building / Farmers Insurance (1957 - Click to Enlarge 1125 N. el Dorado Street. Ewing Home - 1943, Covert V. Martin photo
1126 N. El Dorado - California State Chamber of Commerce - Click to Enlarge1126 N. El Dorado - California State Chamber of Commerce
1130 N. El Dorado - Xavier College 
1149 N. El Dorado - Happy Holme Bobb Inn Restaurant - Click to Enlarge 1149 N. El Dorado - Happy Holme Bobb Inn Restaurant - Click to Enlarge 1147-1149 N. El Dorado St. Bel Air Building (1976) - Click to Enlarge1147-1149 N. El Dorado St. Bel Air Building (1976)/ Dean DeCarli was hired by Happyholme Dairy as a salesman and delivery route driver. In 1940, he became a partner in the Happyholme distributing business and opened Stockton's first drive-in restaurant Bobb Inn - Demolished
Rose Intersects - 1200 Block
1201 N. El Dorado - Click to Enlarge1201 N. El Dorado - 
1206 N. El Dorado - Click to Enlarge1206 N. El Dorado - Residence 
1212 N. El Dorado - Central Valley Injured Workers Clinic - Click to Enlarge1212 N. El Dorado - Central Valley Injured Workers Clinic 
1221 N. El Dorado - Click to Enlarge1221 N. El Dorado -  
1228 N. El Dorado - Golden Bear Sandwich Shop - (1931)
Cam's Drive Inn Restaurant 1236 N. El Dorado - Photo courtesy Floyd Perry Jr - Click to Enlarge Cam's Drive Inn Restaurant 1236 N. El Dorado - Click to Enlarge Cam's Drive Inn Restaurant 1236 N. El Dorado - Click to Enlarge1236 N. El Dorado St. - Cam's Drive Inn - 1957 left photo posted by Floyd Perry Jr. Right photo  posted by Terry Gust. It was Cams in the 1955 phone book, 1957-1976 Polk Directories / N.B. Hall Gas Station in (1950)
1241 N. El Dorado Street - Buckenham's Stugart West Auto Repair - Click to Enlarge 1241 N. El Dorado Street - Buckenham's Stugart West Auto Repair - Click to Enlarge1241 N. El Dorado Street - Buckenham's Stugart West Auto Repair / Costello & Hines Foreign Cars (57)
1247 N. El Dorado - Former L&D Texaco  
1248 N. El Dorado - Golden Bear Service Station - Demolished
Vine Intersects - 1300 Block
1304 N. El Dorado. The Chopstick - Click to Enlarge1304 N. El Dorado. Chop Stick - Chinese - Seems like The Chopstick has been here forever. The building as a former Piggly Wiggly market
1308 N. El Dorado - A 1933 Photo of the Piggly Wiggly store at El Dorado and Vine Streets - Click to Enlarge 1308 N. El Dorado - A 1933 Photo of the Piggly Wiggly store at El Dorado and Vine Streets - Click to Enlarge1308 N. El Dorado. O&D Market (1957) / Former Piggly Wiggly Market El Dorado and Vine - A 1933 Photo of the Piggly Wiggly store at El Dorado and Vine Streets. They called it Store 600 - Many of the old Safeway stores around were former Piggly Wiggly Stores
1308 N. El Dorado - Speed Queen Laundry
1318 N. El Dorado - Valley Radio & TV (1957)
1325 N. El Dorrado, Stockton First Presbyterian Church - Click to Enlarge 1325 N. El Dorrado, Stockton First Presbyterian Church - Click to Enlarge North School - 1898 wooden building at 1325 North El Dorado - Click to Enlarge1325 N. El Dorado - North School - built in 1898 at the NW corner of El Dorado and Vine. The three-story wooden building had eight classrooms, a full basement and an assembly hall for 500 students An example of a modern facility by other districts and the first Stockton school with indoor lavatories and central heating.  It replaced a one story structure. It was called the "El Dorado" It was replaced in 1916 by the new El Dorado School at Pacific & Harding . The Presbyterian Church sits on the First North School site today
1340 N. El Dorado - Former Union Safe Deposit Bank - Click to Enlarge 1340 N. El Dorado - Former Union Safe Deposit Bank - Click to Enlarge1340 N. El Dorado - Former Union Safe Deposit Bank 
1341 N. El Dorado - Dr Low - Dentist - Click to Enlarge1341 N. El Dorado - Dr Low - Dentist
1344 N. El Dorado - Roman & Suttles Furniture (1957)
1345 N. El Dorado - Rotert Gas Station / Bush Sibley Associated Gas (57)
Willow Intersects - 1400 Block
N. El Dorado - Former Virgil Viera Service Station
1400 N. El Dorado - Rosalio Zapien Dental Laboratory / Former San Joaquin County Employees Credit Union / Hess Dubois Cleaners - Click to Enlarge1400 N. El Dorado - Rosalio Zapien Dental Laboratory / Former San Joaquin County Employees Credit Union / Hess Dubois Cleaners (1957)
1401 N. El Dorado & Willow - Click to Enlarge 1401 N. El Dorado & Willow - Click to Enlarge1401 N. El Dorado  
1421 N. El Dorado - Former Stockton Blue - Click to Enlarge1421 N. El Dorado - Former Stockton Blue 
1427 N. El Dorado - Quick Beauty Hair Salon - Click to Enlarge1427 N. El Dorado - Quick Beauty Hair Salon
1429 N. El Dorado - Harvard Book Store (1957) 
1432 N. El Dorado - Barber Shop / Former Red Carpet Realtors - Click to Enlarge1432 N. El Dorado - Barber Shop / Former Red Carpet Realtors / All Sales & Rental Hospital Supply (1957) 
1439 N. El Dorado - Boost Mobile 
Mekong Chinese Restaurant / Former Horstman's Furniture - Click to Enlarge 1439 N. El Dorado - Boost Mobile 
Mekong Chinese Restaurant / Former Horstman's Furniture - Click to Enlarge1439 N. El Dorado - Boost Mobile / Mekong Chinese Restaurant / Former Horstman's Furniture 
1433 N. El Dorado - The Flower Shed
1439 N. El Dorado - Horstman's Furniture (1957)
1447 N. El Dorado - Bob's Laundromat (1957)
1448 N. El Dorado - Autozone / Former Regal Station - Click to Enlarge 1448 N. El Dorado - Autozone / Former Regal Station - Click to Enlarge1448 N. El Dorado - Autozone / Former Regal Station / 1444 - Former R. J Wheeler residence (1937) 
SW corner of Harding & El Dorado - Click to Enlarge El Dorado & Harding -Harding Drive In - Click to Enlarge El Dorado & Harding - Hillman Mansion - Click to EnlargeSW Corner of El Dorado & Harding - Left photo - Former Hillman Mansion - 1891/1902 - known as the Hillman/Rindge house and was at the southwest corner of North Street, (now Harding Way), and El Dorado Street - Center photo 4 W. Harding Way - Harding Way Drive Inn Market - Opened by Massamiliano Orsi in 1932 - Left Photo - The way it looks today.
Harding Way Intersects 1500 Block
See Harding Way
1501 N. El Dorado St - Former Texaco Station - Click to Enlarge 1501 N. El Dorado St - Taco Bell - Click to Enlarge1501 N. El Dorado - Texaco Service Station (1932) - also a 45 E. Harding Way address 
1502 N. El Dorado - Former Ken's Union Service - Now a Vacant Lot
1520 N. El Dorado - Former Stanley Clark - C.A. Luckey Orthopedic - Click to Enlarge 1520 N. El Dorado - Former Stanley Clark - C.A. Luckey Orthopedic - Click to Enlarge 1520 N. El Dorado - Former Stanley Clark - C.A. Luckey Orthopedic - Click to Enlarge 1520 N. El Dorado - Former Stanley Clark - C.A. Luckey Orthopedic - Click to Enlarge

1520 N. El Dorado - Former Stanley Clark - C.A. Luckey Orthopedic

1610 N. El Dorado - El Dorado Medical Village - Click to Enlarge1610 N. El Dorado - El Dorado Medical Village 
1701 N. El Dorado - Family Denistry / Former Leslie Zeitsoff, Physcian - Click to Enlarge1701 N. El Dorado - Family Denistry / Former Leslie Zeitsoff, Physcian  
N. El Dorado and Walnut tree
2132 N. El Dorado - Former Westgate Development (1976) - Click to Enlarge2132 N. El Dorado - Former Westgate Development (1976)- Ernst & Lloyd Architects - Walter Hachman, General Contractor
2200 N. El Dorado - Former McCowan Drugs / Hunger Pharmacy / Northcrest Pharmacy  - Click to Enlarge2200 N. El Dorado - Former McCowan Drugs / Hunger Pharmacy / Northcrest Pharmacy (1957)/ Mark Grunton Grocer (1932) 
2206 N. El Dorado - Slater Realty (1976)
2208 N. El Dorado - Curt's Barber Shop (1976)
2232 N. El Dorado Street - Gubbins Texaco(1957) / Petrol Shop(1976) - Click to Enlarge2232 N. El Dorado Street - Gubbins Texaco(1957) / Petrol Shop(1976)
2232 N. El Dorado Street - Louie's Fruit & Produce
2311 N. El Dorado St. - Former Harold Ahearn Real Estate - Click to Enlarge 2311 N. El Dorado St. - Former Harold Ahearn Real Estate - Click to Enlarge 2311 N. El Dorado St. - Former Harold Ahearn Real Estate - Click to Enlarge2311 N. El Dorado St. - Former Harold Ahearn Real Estate 
2310 - A-1 TV (1957)
2314 N. El Dorado - Northcrest Service station (1931)
Former Segarinis Market - 2320 N. El Dorado & Castle - Click to Enlarge2320 N. El Dorado - Shell Station / Former Segarini's Market - Burnt Down.
2326 N. El Dorado - Service Cleaners (1931) 
Port City Cyclerly / Former Wrights Bicycle / Garibaldi Grocery (1931) - Click to Enlarge Port City Cyclerly / Former Wrights Bicycle / Garibaldi Grocery (1931) - Click to Enlarge Port City Cyclerly / Former Wrights Bicycle / Garibaldi Grocery (1931) - Click to Enlarge2405-2411 N. El Dorado - Port City Cyclerly / Former Wrights Bicycle / Garibaldi Grocery (1931)
2411 N. El Dorado Former - Wright's Warehouse
3232 N. El Dorado - Former Sullivan Real Estate - Click to Enlarge3232 N. El Dorado - former Sullivan Real Estate - Corner of Alpine 
Alpine Intersects
See Alpine Avenue
3300 N. El Dorado - Kelly's Car Wash - Former Silveria's Union Service - Click to Enlarge3300 N. El Dorado - Kelly's Car Wash - Former Silveria's Union Service (Manual Silveria was an Ex-Mayor) 
3645 N. El Dorado - First Baptist Church / Former Faith Lutheran Church - Click to Enlarge3645 N. El Dorado - First Baptist Church / Former Faith Lutheran Church 
4100 Block North El Dorado St. - Click to EnlargeSee Collegeview Shopping - 4100 Block of N. El Dorado St. 
125 Jamestown - Click to Enlarge 125 Jamestown - Click to Enlarge 125 Jamestown - Click to Enlarge125 Jamestown - Former Segarini's Liquors / Former Blue Chip Stamp Redemption Center
March Lane Intersects
See March Lane
29 E. March Lane Former Walgreens, former Papacitos, former Chevy's Mexican Restaurant - Click to Enlarge 29 E. March Lane Former Walgreens, former Papacitos, former Chevy's Mexican Restaurant - Click to Enlarge 29 E. March Lane Former Walgreens, former Papacitos, former Chevy's Mexican Restaurant - Click to EnlargeEl Dorado and 29 E. March Lane - Former Walgreens / Former Papacitos who filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection April 6, 1995 listing no assets and no liabilities, according to San Joaquin County court documents. / Former Chevy's Mexican Restaurant
5223 N.El Dorado - Shepherds Hearth / former Stockton Association of Realtors - Click to Enlarge5223 N. El Dorado St - Shepherds Hearth / former Stockton Association of Realtors 
5242 N. El Dorado St. - Click to Enlarge5242 N. El Dorado St - Central State Credit Union 

5648 North El Dorado Street - Saint Marys High School - St. Mary's is proud of their Catholic heritage, their own traditions, and their Stockton community history Because they have faith that people are the zenith of God's earth creations, St. Mary's strives to advance the entire person - intellectually, spiritually, physically and socially.

7910 N. El Dorado - Campora Appliance Sales (1976)
Swain Intersects
See Mayfair Shopping
6009 N. El Dorado - Carl's Shell 1950s - Click to Enlarge6009 N. El Dorado - Carl's Shell (Representative Photo) - Demolished 
7030 N. El Dorado St - Stockton Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - Click to Enlarge7030 N. El Dorado St - Church of Jesus Christ  of Latter Day Saints - El Dorado Ward 
See Hammer Lane
7906 El Dorado & Hammer Lane - Sinclair Gas Station - Click to Enlarge 7906 El Dorado & Hammer Lane - Sinclair Gas Station - Click to Enlarge 7906 El Dorado & Hammer Lane - Sinclair Gas Station - Click to EnlargeSinclair Station - 7906 El Dorado & Hammer Lane / Former Gas Lo / Arco Food Mart 
7924 N. El Dorado - Lion Supermarket - Click to Enlarge 7924 N. El Dorado - Lion Supermarket - Click to EnlargeLion Supermarket - 7924 N. El Dorado & Hammer Lane 
South El Dorado
South El Dorado Street

Suggested Books Related to Stockton

We are looking for more old photos of El Dorado Street - Please post them on our Memories of Stockton Facebook Group

Share